GUILDERLAND, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Antiques are Joe Mazzone’s passion. “All the history and world history, American history,” he explains. “It’s great. It’s another high that you’re on when you get a piece out of a house.”
On Sunday, he auctioned off many historic pieces including military items such as a bomber jacket, typewriters, a Victorian mirror, and even a Xanadu boat built by hand in the 1950s. There is a little bit of everything up for sale at Mazzone Auction Service. Customers were happy to attend the event in person.
“We are always looking for interesting things,” said Andy Morrow, who attended the event. “We have several collections at home.”
One of the most interesting pieces being auctioned was a pistol that once belonged to legendary musician Benny Goodman. “He used to entertain the troops,” said Mazzone. “After the war, the military gave it to him as a gift. With paperwork to prove it.”
As with any auction, customers tried their best to outbid one another. Many were happy with their purchases. Some of the items sold for over $1,000. Mazzone plans on holding another auction in late October.
- Richard Mooney: Candidate for Rensselaer mayor discusses the issues with NEWS10
- Mike Stammel: Candidate for Rensselaer mayor discusses the issues with NEWS10
- In-N-Out Burger defies vaccine mandate, gets restaurant shut down
- Republicans stand against president’s IRS bank plan
- Biden meets with lawmakers to try to broker social spending deal