ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – On Friday, September 17, Castle Island Bilingual Montessori School will celebrate the start of Hispanic Heritage month with a lantern parade,’ Desfile de Faroles.’
Albany’s independent Spanish immersion elementary is hosting a cultural family & community event which will step off the school entrance at Bradford Street and follow a sidewalk route to UAlbany Downtown Campus.
There will be a short program at 3:15 p.m., in front of Hawley Hall, to celebrate the Independence day of Mexico and five Central American countries: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua! The children’s song, “Las Repúblicas Hermanas.”
For further information contact Diane Nickerson, School Founder & Director (518) 533-9838 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More from NEWS10:
- La Salle saves season with dramatic comeback win over Amsterdam
- Niskayuna blanks Saratoga to advance to Class AA semi-finals
- Siena women hold media day as they prep for November 6 exhibition
- Averill Park rolls Albany to set up three way tie in Class A
- Burnt Hills cruises past Niskayuna, locks up Grasso Division