Hershey says its Halloween candy sales were up slightly this year despite lower enthusiasm for trick-or-treating amid the pandemic.
CEO Michele Buck said Friday that earlier shipments of Halloween candy to stores helped boost sales. So did marketing messages that suggested safe ways to celebrate.
Buck said investments in online sales capacity also helped move more candy.
Hershey’s e-commerce sales grew 80% in the third quarter.
The early Halloween sales helped Hershey to a stronger-than-expected third quarter. The company said its sales rose 4% to $2.2 billion in the July-September period.
- Impeachment Commission to meet in case of Gov. Cuomo
- Queen Elizabeth marks 95th birthday in low-key fashion
- National Volunteer Week: Regional Food Bank of Northeastern NY
- Schenectady woman sentenced for stealing more than $95K in Social Security benefits
- Capital region leaders react to Chauvin verdict