WARREN, N.Y. (WSYR) — State Police are investigating an incident in Herkimer County, where two people were stabbed to death. Police have identified the victims as Michael J. Andreev, Sr., 67, and his daughter Sofia Trusova, 12, who both lived at Warren home.
Troopers and EMTs arrived at 1402 State Route 167 in the town of Warren at around 7:11 p.m. on Sunday. They were dispatched for a stabbing call, and they found a man and a woman, both dead from stab wounds.
Police say Michael J. Andreev Jr., 22, who also lives at the address, is a suspect. He was found in the front yard with a cut to his neck and was airlifted to Upstate University Hospital. He underwent surgery and is now in stable condition.
The investigation is active and ongoing. Michael is still hospitalized and faces charges upon his release.
- NYS ethics commission votes against revoking Cuomo’s book deal
- Local organizations supporting people with disabilities ask for help with staffing shortages
- Richard Mooney: Candidate for Rensselaer mayor discusses the issues with NEWS10
- Mike Stammel: Candidate for Rensselaer mayor discusses the issues with NEWS10
- In-N-Out Burger defies vaccine mandate, gets restaurant shut down