HALFMOON, N.Y. (NEWS10)- The Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office said they arrested 37-year-old Laura Brock after responding to a mental health call in the town of Halfmoon. The incident occurred Sunday, November 15 at approximately 8:49 p.m.
Sheriff’s said Brock faces multiple charges for threatening bodily harm with a weapon to another person and resisting arrest. Police said she was charged with intent to cause injury to a deputy sheriff after headbutting an arresting officer in the face area.
In addition to resisting arrest, Brock was charged with assault in the 2nd degree, a Class D felony. She was also charged with criminal possession of a weapon in the 4th degree, and menacing in the 2nd degree, both Class A misdemeanors.
Brock was arraigned before the Honorable Matthew R. Coseo of the Wilton Town Court virtually and released pending further action.
- Rensselaer County seeing highest number of coronavirus cases since pandemic began
- Next generation of philanthropists prepare for Giving Tuesday
- Getting in the holiday spirit at Christmas Land
- Siena basketball legend Tay Fisher helps launch KeyBank Assists initiative
- America’s growing debt crisis sparks concerns for future generations