KINGSTON, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Over Christmas and the New Year’s holiday, New York State Forest Rangers responded to two different rescues in Greene County due to icy conditions and people falling.
On December 29, in the Town of Hunter, Greene County 911 received a call from a hiker with an ankle injury. The hiker was reported to have slipped on the trail due to icy conditions while wearing sneakers.
Then on January 1, in the Town of Windham, Greene County 911 got a report of a woman who fell on the ice on the Batavia Kill Trail and injured her elbow. She and another ran together till they separated to take different trails to the Big Hollow Trailhead.
- NC State earns upset win at No. 15 Virginia, handing Cavaliers 3rd loss in arow
- Woman jokes about unfortunate pre-pandemic tattoo that left her ‘mortified’
- SU star Tiana Mangakahia announces she’s turning pro after this season
- President Biden signs executive order, with bipartisan support, to bolster US supply chains
- Lt. Governor for a day program launched in Vermont