CAIRO, N.Y. (NEWS10) — State Police out of Catskill are reporting the arrest of a minor over a burglary at a local resident. Police say the 11-year-old stole jewelry and a gun.
Police responded to a reported of missing jewelry and a Butler Derringer Pistol at a Cairo residence on April 22. They say their investigation revealed that the child went into the residence and stole the items.
Police arrested the child last Wednesday, May 5. They were charged with grand larceny and issued an appearance ticket to family court returnable to Greene County Probation.
This is a developing story. Stick with NEWS10 for more as it develops.
- Hoosick Falls man sentenced in 2020 animal abuse case
- Inmate sentenced to 18 months in prison for threatening to kill U.S. Senator
- Schumer urges Canadians to work with U.S. Officials to adopt new rules at Northern Border
- Disney World guest filmed hopping out of ride vehicle, allegedly trying to steal cucumber
- 250 alligators removed from Disney since Nebraska boy died in 2016 attack