RUTLAND, V.T. (NEWS10) — A Granville man is in critical condition after rear-ending a pickup truck while on a motorcycle in Rutland. Vermont State Police said Alan Nash, 43, of Granville is in critical condition.
The crash happened on October 7 around 5 p.m. on Business Route 4 near Simons Avenue. Police said the motorcycle rear-ended the pickup truck causing damage to the truck and totaling the motorcycle.
Nash was transported to Rutland Regional Medical Center by ambulance and later flown by helicopter to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. He is in critical condition. The driver of the truck was not injured.
Both vehicles were towed from the scene and traffic was delayed for a short time. Police are investigating the circumstances of the crash. Witnesses are asked to contact the Vermont State Police Rutland Barracks at 802-773-9101.
- With Cowboys in town, Patriots seek to earn 1st home win of season
- Voorheesville cruises past Coxsackie-Athens to move to 5-1
- UAlbany men’s and women’s hoops hold purple and gold scrimmages
- RPI falls in yet another overtime battle
- Teen organizes sleep-out in Bennington, urges governor to help homeless