ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10)–During Thursday’s press briefing, Gov. Andrew Cuomo urged New Yorkers to get a flu shot and get it early. The Governor said that Doctor Howard A. Zucker has looked at making the flu shot mandatory.
It’s more important than ever this year to get your flu shot early. There is growing concern over the flu and how it might interact with COVID-19, New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH).
Another factor to consider is how healthy people are when trying to fight off the coronavirus. Everyone who is six months or older should get a flu shot, NYSDOH said. Staying healthy eases the burden on hospitals and healthcare providers.
Tops Friendly Markets has now launched its flu shot campaign at stores that have a pharmacy. Flu shots are available during normal pharmacy hours, and for most insured patients, it’s free.
“Per CDC recommendations, Tops administers flu shots beginning 9/1 to allow the community ample time to get in their immunizations ahead of flu season,” said Matthew Hamed, director of Pharmacy for Tops Friendly Markets.
- President Trump sets date to announce SCOTUS pick as GOP locks in votes needed to confirm nominee
- Superintendent: Whitehall left in the dark weeks after storm damaged school
- New invasives plan to keep watch from on high on Adirondack hemlock trees
- Maine to use ranked choice voting for presidential election
- Animal Adventure Park anticipating another baby giraffe birth