NEW YORK STATE (NEWS10) – Governor Andrew Cuomo sent a tweet Sunday asking for private businesses to seriously consider voluntarily closing and letting employees work from home.
“Reducing density is both a social responsibility & will help protect workforces,” the Governor said.
Cuomo went on to say that if businesses do not close voluntarily, his administration will consider mandatory measures.
I am asking private businesses to aggressively consider voluntary closings and allow employees to work from home.— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) March 15, 2020
Reducing density is both a social responsibility & will help protect workforces.
If businesses don’t voluntarily cooperate, we will consider mandatory measures.
- Burnt Hills beats Shen in a shootout
- Five former Orange invited to USA women’s lacrosse tryouts
- Woman found alive at funeral home dies at Detroit hospital
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Restaurants develop plan to stay afloat as temperatures begin to drop