GLENS FALLS, N.Y. (NEWS10) – On July 4, Tyler M. Zaugg, 19, of Glens Falls, was arrested for assaulting a seven-week-old infant who later died on July 16. Now Zaugg is getting an additional murder charge on top of the multiple charges Glens Falls police already had on him.
Warren County District Attorney Jason Carusone announced Wednesday, August 18, that Tyler Zaugg was arraigned on superseding indictment charges.
- Murder 2nd degree
- Manslaughter 1st degree
- Assault 1st degree
- Assault 2nd degree
- Endangering the welfare of a child.
The defendant was arraigned on the new indictment on Wednesday, August 18, bail was increased to 250,000 cash bail or 500,000 bond, and the Warren County District Attorney served Zaugg and his legal counsel with a Certificate of Compliance and a Notice of Trial Readiness. The Court set a motion schedule and the case was adjourned for an appearance on October 20, at 9:30 a.m.
More from NEWS10
- LIVE: FBI, police swarm Brian Laundrie’s family home to execute search warrant related to Gabby Petito investigation
- Galway students back in-person after COVID forced a remote learning week
- Jones, Patriots breeze past Jets in 25-6 victory
- 45 New COVID cases in Albany County Monday, Sept. 20 report
- 9/20/2021: Another stunner today, but unsettled weather ahead…