WATERVLIET, N.Y. (NEWS10) – News10 is putting the spotlight on Watervliet resident Traci Saint Denis. Traci is a veteran who volunteers part time at Wildwood Programs, an agency supporting people with learning disabilities.
She was diagnosed with PTSD after leaving a military career which saw her everywhere from Fort Benning, Georgia to Fort Lee, Virginia and a deployment in Iraq.
Traci started volunteering part-time after the VA helped her with her PTSD and says she immediately felt a connection. She says that in many ways, she feels like her service never ended.
- Why 2019 loss to New England was a turning point for Bills QB Josh Allen
- Bills CB Levi Wallace returns from injured reserve
- Here’s how the Electoral College works
- After the US’s worst week of COVID-19 cases, here’s where your state stands
- Biden, Pres. Trump campaigns continue into the final weekend of the presidential race