The funds were raised from Shoprite’s annual Veterans Fundraising Campaign, where 35 Shoprite stores across New York and New Jersey collected donations at checkout. The stores also held a variety of community events to raise funds.
The Committee for the Families of War Veterans is a nonprofit organization in the Greater Hudson Valley that helps veterans and their families pay for fundamental needs like housing, transportation and food.
- Cuomo: COVID-19 numbers trending down, mutating strains cause for concern
- Garth Brooks: Performing at Biden inauguration ‘not a political statement’
- Coronasomnia: What is it and how to combat it
- Cuomo reports 1.4% positivity rate for Bills game
- Photos: Trump baby protest blimp to live on in museum after president leaves office