The funds were raised from Shoprite’s annual Veterans Fundraising Campaign, where 35 Shoprite stores across New York and New Jersey collected donations at checkout. The stores also held a variety of community events to raise funds.
The Committee for the Families of War Veterans is a nonprofit organization in the Greater Hudson Valley that helps veterans and their families pay for fundamental needs like housing, transportation and food.
- 1 million lives lost: World marks painful COVID-19 milestone
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Investigation reveals how Trump campaign used Facebook to deter voters in 2016 campaign
- Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier: “It’s better for our team when we have balance”
- The Grand at Barnwell to pay $22,000 in fines after DOH cites COVID-19 health and safety violations