NORWOOD, Mass. (NewsNation Now) — We all scream for cannabis ice cream?
In the latest twist on the sweet treat, Boston-based ice cream brand Emack & Bolio’s partnered with cannabis operator MariMed to create cannabis-infused ice cream. And yes, it will give you the munchies.
The duo will “create a line-up of cannabis-infused vegan and dairy ice cream in outrageous flavors.” The ice cream will contain the same whole-plant cannabinoid and terpene formulations found in MariMed’s products like K Fusion and Betty’s Eddies.
“This partnership is gonna ROCK,” said Bob Rook, CEO, and creator of Emack & Bolio’s in a press release. “The combination of our unique flavors with MariMed’s cannabis expertise is a natural.”
The products are expected to debut in Massachusetts this year followed by more launches in other legal cannabis markets.
Emack & Bolio’s was founded in 1975 and is now a cult favorite across the Bay State. The beloved shop was founded by music attorney Rook as a place for his rock star clients to satisfy their midnight munchies after their late-night gigs. Notable clients included Aerosmith, Boston, U2, and James Brown.
“We’re excited to bring our unique formulations and technologies to a collaboration with a brand partner like Emack & Bolio’s, which has such a fantastic history,” said MariMed CEO and President Bob Fireman.
More from NEWS10
- Albany gas price update, September 20
- North Port police pause search for night as officers look for Gabby Petito’s fiancé at Carlton Reserve
- East Greenbush holding public hearing for Dunn Landfill’s application for an Enhanced Renewal Operating Permit
- At least 75 animals die at Central Texas pet resort in late night fire
- Illinois family’s emotional battle with COVID: Mother hospitalized after giving birth, father fears job loss