SARATOGA COUNTY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Unit Monday arrested Gina Battista, 29, of Gansevoort, N.Y. after a long investigation into drug trafficking within Saratoga County. Battista was allegedly distributing quantities of heroin and fentanyl throughout the county.
- Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance 3rd Degree- (Class B Felony)
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 3rd Degree- (Class B Felony)
Battista was processed and arraigned in the Wilton Town Justice Court and released to pre-trial services due to the listed charges reportedly not qualifying for bail under NYS bail reform. Additional charges are said to be pending.
More from NEWS10:
- Special Olympics New York Fall Games kick off Friday
- Unvaccinated people will likely catch COVID every 16 months on average, study finds
- Brian Laundrie’s lawyer lashes out at case conspiracy theories
- DEC outlines changes to deer hunting season
- Alec Baldwin fired prop gun that killed 1, wounded another on set of ‘Rust,’ sheriff says