GREEN ISLAND, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A fundraiser to help the families of those affected by the tragic crash that killed one teen and injured three others is being held Wednesday night.
Matt Holden, an English Language Arts teacher at the Heatly School in Green Island has been helping organize the event which will be held at the Slidin’ Dirty restaurant in Troy.
He said attendees will receive a free slider or draft for any contribution given during the event from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m.
Holden said the classmates of the students affected by the crash came up with the idea to host the fundraiser.
“Slidin’ Dirty had agreed to provide them with a celebratory night at the restaurant in celebration of our excellent performance on our Regents exams,” Holden said “After last weekend, the group quickly got behind the idea of making the event about more than them.”
- Hot Pockets recalled, they may contain hard plastic and glass
- Car fire follows shots fired incident in Albany
- Brown wins 400, UAlbany men’s basketball knocks off NJIT 83-75
- Health officials identify the UK Variant of COVID-19 in Tompkins County
- From Baked Alaska to a guy with horns: notable riot arrests