FULTON COUNTY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — According to the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office, Zachary Acquilla, 34, of Broadalbin was arrested on Thursday. A deputy reportedly saw an abandoned motorcycle on County Highway 107 in Perth after an accident.
The motorcycle did not have license plates, and a police investigation revealed that it was involved in an unreported accident and left on the roadside. Police also said they determined that the vehicle was stolen out of Essex County.
Deputies said they found the other driver involved in the accident, who identified Acquilla as the operator of the stolen motorcycle. He was reportedly already wanted for three separate warrants out of the Town of Johnstown Court, the City of Johnstown Court, and the City of Gloversville Court, for failure to appear.
Acquilla was charged with:
- Third-Degree Criminal Possession of Stolen Property (Class ‘D’ Felony)
- Third-Degree Auto Stripping
- Third-Degree Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle
- Second-Degree Aggravated Unlicensed Operation
Acquilla was also issued multiple traffic tickets. He was processed at the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office and arraigned in the Town of Perth Court. He was remanded to the Fulton County Correctional Facility in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or $100,000 bond.
- Richard Mooney: Candidate for Rensselaer mayor discusses the issues with NEWS10
- Mike Stammel: Candidate for Rensselaer mayor discusses the issues with NEWS10
- In-N-Out Burger defies vaccine mandate, gets restaurant shut down
- Republicans stand against president’s IRS bank plan
- Biden meets with lawmakers to try to broker social spending deal