ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — While many are off of school and work for Presidents Day, the Albany Institute of History and Art wants to ensure the Capital Region has something to do, for free.
The museum is offering free admission on Monday. There will be several events happening throughout the day.
The Art Studio will host a “design your own bookmarks” workshop, the Research library will host a pop-up display featuring local children’s books from 1800-1935.
For the younger kids, the Albany Public Library will lead a story time where children will get a head start on reading.
In addition to the events, the museum is hosting a birthday celebration for Clifford the Big Red Dog. There will be many birthday celebrations throughout the day but they require registration. To register call (518) 463-4478 ext. 403 or go online.
Here is a schedule of events:
- 10AM-4:30PM: Drop-in Art Making- Bookmark Art
- 2PM: Story Time with Albany Public Library
- 10AM-1PM and 3PM-4:30PM: How Albany Learned to Read pop-up display in Research Library
- 11AM, 1PM, 3PM: Clifford the Big Red Dog Birthday Party
- Teen returns home after Christmas Eve heart transplant
- COVID-19 vaccine distribution update in Schenectady, Rensselaer Counties
- Hot Pockets recalled, they may contain hard plastic and glass
- Car fire follows shots fired incident in Albany
- Brown wins 400, UAlbany men’s basketball knocks off NJIT 83-75