LAKE GEORGE, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Adirondack Mountain Club doesn’t decide whether trails stay open, as COVID-19 concerns continue and the weather starts to warm. But they do control the places hikers stay, where they park, and other accommodations surrounding hiking.
The state DEC has advised hikers to keep safe distances of 6 feet when enjoying Adirondack trails, and also want those interested to remember the positive effect the outdoors can have on mental health.
- Local funeral home using technology during social distancing
- Northville restaurant opened right before coronavirus shutdown orders
- Woman accused of licking $1,800 worth of items at California grocery store arrested on felony charge
- Local COVID-19 survivor shares story of hope
- Senator sells stocks while ethics group calls for investigation