LOUDONVILLE, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The Flames of Hope ceremony will be held September 29 to raise awareness about suicide and honor the lives lost to suicide. The event is at 6:15 p.m. at the Crossings of Colonie in Loudonville.
The Albany County Suicide Task Force is holding the event with County Executive Dan McCoy. All are welcome to attend, reflect and remember. The ceremony will be held at the gazebo by the pond.
September is Suicide Prevention Awareness month. Many events took place throughout the month to raise awareness about suicide.
More information about the event is available by calling the Albany County Executive’s Office at (518) 447-7040.
Suicide is the eleventh leading cause of death in the United States. If you need help, call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.
More from NEWS10:
- Another shot? CDC says some people may need 4th COVID vaccine dose
- Cohoes launches expanded recycling program, new 65 gallon carts for residents
- Daily Gazette Holiday Parade returning in November
- ‘Gilded Age’ and other films gave substantial economic boost to Capital Region businesses
- Newsfeed Now: FDA panel backs Pfizer’s low-dose COVID-19 vaccine for kids; Man shaves beard for toddler’s cancer treatment