Fire damages Cobleskill church

News

COBLESKILL, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Lutheran Church on Cobleskill’s East Main Street has been heavily damaged by a fire. Crews responded after a Cobleskill Police Officer reported the blaze at around 4:30 am on Saturday.

The Cobleskill Police Department said the fire started in the worship area and seems to have been caused by an electrical fault. The flames went beyond the worship area, burning two rooms below and extending into the attic.

Firefighters were on scene for six hours, though they say the incident was under control within an hour.

Nobody was in the building at the time of the fire and no injuries have been reported. The fire department says the building is not a total loss and is repairable.

Cobleskill Fire, Cobleskill EMS, the County medic, county FAST team, Worcester FD FAST team, Carlisle fire, Central Bridge fire and Richmondville fire all assisted with the call.

LATEST STORIES

Follow NEWS10

LATEST STORIES

Follow NEWS10

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download our news app

App Store Link
Google Play Link
HOW TO MAKE NEWS10 YOUR HOMEPAGE_1280X720
CHECK OUT OUR NEW APP FEATURES

Click Below to set up your cable box

Latest COVID-19 News

More COVID-19

Cuomo Under Fire News

More Cuomo Under Fire