(CNN) — A Ferrari that sold for more than $3 million now holds the record for the most expensive car ever sold online.
The bidding soared up until the last minute for a sandy white 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB. It ended up going for a record breaking $3.8 million in an auction that ended August 7.
The car has its original interior and a lot of the original paint.
Gooding & Company said Ferraris took home the top five sales in its online auction.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, auction houses around the world have sold more than $70 million worth of classic and collectable cars online.
- Siena Basketball Claims MAAC Regular Season Title, Top Seed in Tournament
- Times Union Center to allow fans for NCAA Hockey Regional
- Saint Rose women fall short once again in loss to Bryant & Stratton Buffalo
- Siena women’s lacrosse preps season-opening back to back against Canisius
- Local business helps support Proctors Theatre