ALBANY, N.Y. (WTEN) – A father and son team have cycled from Buffalo to Albany to raise awareness and funds for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
Connor Dickman lost his sister Sarah to suicide in the spring of 2019. Two weeks ago he decided to challenge himself by biking across the state for suicide awareness.
Connor managed to convince his father Doug to join him, while his uncle Mike Scuderi drove the chase vehicle.
To date, the family have raised over $8,500 for the Rochester Out of the Darkness Experience and the Western NY Chapter of AFSP.
The Capital Region AFSP Chapter has events you can get involved in. Go to www.afsp.org/Newyork for more information.
- BLM confirms ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Bills need to close out games during final stretch of regular season
- Empire State Weekly Hospital Capacity Concerns and Home Heating Assistance
- 11 wounded in ‘mass shooting’ at Grenada biker club
- Gov. Cuomo calls for schools to stay open when possible