WARRENSBURG, N.Y. (NEWS10) – On Saturday, October 23 at around 11:15 p.m. Warren County Sheriff’s Office responded to a 911 call of a report involving a multi-collision vehicle crash on Main Street, in Warrensburg. According to Police Lucas Raymond, 32, of Warrensburg was operating a 2014 GMC Terrain in the area of Horicon Avenue, when he crossed into the northbound lane, hitting a 2017 Subaru.
Police say after the initial collision, Raymond lost control when the rear tires which sent him into the southbound and northbound lanes. Raymond then struck a parked 1998 Subaru Legacy in the area of 3728 Main Street and then struck a parked 2003 F-350 in the area of 3712 Main Street Police said.
Raymond’s vehicle continued for a short distance, before coming to a final stop. Police say Raymond was found unresponsive and later died at the scene as a result of injuries sustained in this crash. The other driver was not injured in the crash.
Police say alcohol and excessive speed appear to be contributing factors in the crash. The incident remains under investigation by the Sheriff’s Office Traffic Safety Unit with the assistance of the Criminal Investigations Division.
- Montgomery County providing warming stations during winter months
- White guilty on all counts in Troy quadruple homicide
- Warren County COVID update for Dec. 8
- SUNY Corning, Alfred University finalize Fine Arts degree transfer plan
- Greene County man pleads guilty to defrauding IRS, evading taxes on $500K in unreported income