Family uses fireworks to scare bird out of hole in roof, catches house on fire

News
hole in roof_413555

LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) – A house fire destroyed one Lafayette family’s roof Sunday morning, but how it happened was unexpected.

Around 11 a.m., Lafayette fire and police were called to a house on Archway Drive.

Lafayette police said the family was trying to scare a bird out of a hole in the roof – with a firework.

Sparks flew and part of the roof caught fire.

No one was hurt and only the roof was damaged.

Lafayette fire crews extinguished the flames in about 30 minutes.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download our news app

App Store Link
Google Play Link

Click Below to set up your cable box

Coronavirus Outbreak

More Coronavirus Outbreak

Classroom Progress Report

More Classroom Progress Report