SKOPJE, North Macedonia (AP) — Mobile border patrol police in North Macedonia say they found 78 migrants jammed into one van during a routine checkup.
The checkup took place near Shtip, a town roughly 90 kilometers south of the capital, Skopje.
The individuals in the vehicle were citizens of five different countries, and included six minors.
Police arrested the driver and another North Macedonian man, both citizens, on suspicion of using their real-life clown car for human trafficking.
The 78 migrants will likely be transferred to a detention center while awaiting deportation to Greece.
- Hudson mayor beating odds in a tale of two cities
- Florida senator leading effort to limit SCOTUS justices while Democrat says court packing won’t happen
- Virginia Veteran has winning encounter with Prince Harry at Invictus Games, and the picture to prove it
- President of Albany Police Officer’s Union speaks out about ongoing gun violence in the city
- McConnell on GOP’s COVID stimulus bill: Some relief is better than none at all