ESSEX COUNTY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – On Tuesday, Essex County confirmed their first COVID-19 death, at Essex Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation in Elizabethtown. They also confirmed two more cases there.
A day later, 24 more cases joined the count. Now as of late Thursday, two more deaths have been confirmed.
Essex County Public Health and Centers Healthcare are working to stop the spread at the center before it grows. Positive-tested patients are in their own section of the building, and staff continue to be screened on entry and use PPE gear.
The county is set to livestream a press conference on the outbreak on Facebook at 2 p.m. Friday.
- Battle For NY-22: Closing arguments happening Friday
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Rep. Katko: The case against Donald Trump is ‘pretty substantial’
- Baker-Polito rescind stay at home advisory, alter business regulations
- Military helicopter crash: U.S. Army investigators to arrive Friday at Mendon site