ELIZABETHTOWN, N.Y. (NEWS10) – Another week has gone by in Essex County, as a new COVID-19 outbreak has spread following a larger one earlier in the year.
The county confirmed one new coronavirus case on Friday, leading up to a total positive case count of 235. Ten of those cases are current, with one hospitalized.
The new case was connected to a recent cluster at the Lee House Apartments in Elizabethtown. Twelve cases have emerged there in the last two weeks.
Two weeks ago, the Essex Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing announced they were coronavirus-free after a lengthy outbreak there.
- History in Bronze: Great Barrington’s Newsboy Statue and Fountain
- New York venues unite for #lightsUPstateNY initiative
- Avoiding the virus: Here’s how to manage your risk
- World War II veteran beats COVID-19 in time to mark 104th birthday
- Where are you in the vaccine line? NY Times tool has an estimate