GREAT LAKES (WIVB) — People living along Lake Erie and Ontario got to sound-off on developing wind energy in the Great Lakes.
The state held a public feedback event Wednesday on Zoom. Two residents from Erie County gave their opinions on putting wind turbines in the Great Lakes. “I support the project, I think the economic benefits it could bring to Erie county are immense. A lot of jobs that could be developed,” said one member of the public.
“There’s going to be problems. There’s going to be detriments to the environment—and I can tell you right now, looking out my window, the wind is not blowing, which means the turbines are not blowing,” said another.
New York State is currently working on a study about creating wind energy in the Great Lakes. It’s expected to be finished early next year.
- Glens Falls man arrested on Animal Abuse charges
- Tokyo 2020 organizers revoke accreditation for Olympic Village resident caught ‘sightseeing’
- Pool finale: Dressel, McKeon highlight last day of swimming
- Gov. Cuomo provides Saturday coronavirus update for NYS
- Perfectly Impossible; Gymnasts wrestle with the imperfect