BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — The Buffalo Zoo is saying goodbye to one of its giraffes. Sampson, who would have been 6-years-old later this month, died on Tuesday following complications related to a medical procedure.
He had been placed under anesthesia so that doctors could address a dental issue. Anesthesia can sometimes be problematic for animals.
“Our expert animal care and veterinary teams worked day and night and did everything in their power to save Sampson,” The Buffalo Zoo wrote on Facebook. “Our teams face these types of tough choices and decisions every day.”
Sampson’s mother and father still reside at the zoo.
- 10/24/2020: Showers this morning, then much colder weather settles in
- Social and emotional learning a top priority amid pandemic
- McDonald’s fan creates live map to track every broken ice cream machine in America
- No, Miley Cyrus did not inspire Amy Coney Barrett to be a judge, and other false reports this week
- $65,720 top prize TAKE 5 ticket sold at Burnt Hills store