SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Three-time Olympic gold medalist gymnast Gabby Douglas, 23, will appear at Union College’s Memorial Chapel at 5 p.m. on Tuesday.
“A Conversation With Gabby Douglas” is a student-moderated event with the gymnastics superstar.
Her position on the U.S. gymnastic team at the 2012 and 2016 Summer Olympics cemented her place in history as the first African American in to win an individual all-around gold medal.
Douglas was the first American gymnast to win gold in both the individual all-around and team competitions.
- WATCH: Gov. Cuomo presents 2022 executive budget
- From Wilmington to Washington: Biden heads to DC after Delaware send-off
- NYSUT seeking federal waiver to lift standardized, regents testing requirements for 2020-21 school year
- New ‘Gigafactory’ coming to Henrietta will create over 300 jobs
- Police arrest Amsterdam woman for alleged involvement in stabbing incident