(CNN) — Elon Musk is now richer than Warren Buffett.
The Tesla CEO has become the world’s seventh wealthiest person, according to Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index.
Bloomberg reports that Musk’s fortune rose by more than $6 billion on Friday after Tesla stocks surged of which he owns 20%.
The 49-year-old is also the primary shareholder of SpaceX.
Meanwhile, Buffett’s fortune fell this week after he donated nearly $3 billion worth of Berkshire Hathaway stock to charity.
- UAlbany football prepping for unprecedented season
- Siena’s February 3rd game vs. Niagara postponed
- UAlbany men’s basketball on pause following presumptive positive test
- With frigid temperatures, property owners are being told to prepare
- Students plan 44th Annual South High Marathon Dance: Asking for public’s input