RHINEBECK, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The financial crimes unit of the New York state police arrested James G. Fitzmaurice, 51, of Poughkeepsie. They say he misappropriated union funds.
A police investigation allegedly determined that Fitzmaurice stole over $150,000 from the Dutchess County BOCES Faculty Association while serving as union president from 2017 to 2020.
The charges against Fitzmaurice are:
- Second-degree grand larceny
- First-degree falsifying business records
Convictions for both charges could carry as much as 19 years, according to maximum state sentencing guidelines.
- Erie County Assemblymember urges Gov. Cuomo to avoid shutdown of small retailers
- 1 dead, 14 injured following shooting at Aiken nightclub
- Wrong-way driver hits pedestrian, tried to hit NYSP trooper
- Patriots look to keep playoff hopes alive as they host former draftee Kingsbury, Cardinals
- Passing of a Visionary: Tony Hsieh, former Zappos CEO, dies at 46