ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo issued an executive order to kick off the weekend, closing in-office visits to the Department of Motor Vehicles. Online transactions for tasks like renewing licenses remain available.
Expiration dates for license, permits, and registrations on or after March 1 will also be extended.
In Rensselaer County, satellite DMVs in Hoosick Falls, Schodack, and East Greenbush had already suspended operations. The DMV in Troy is closing, effective immediately.
In accordance with Cuomo’s executive order, all three locations in Saratoga County are also suspending operations immediately, with any appointments canceled.
- Schoharie County creates email for community questions and concerns
- One million surgical masks for New York front-line workers arrive in Albany
- First round of coronavirus stimulus checks on the way
- WATCH: Gov. Cuomo to give daily coronavirus update at 11:30 a.m.
- Newsfeed Now Coronavirus: ‘Facts Not Fear’ morning update – April 9, 2020