ROTTERDAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A local school district is mourning the loss of one of their high school students.
The superintendent of Schalmont Central School District posted to the district’s website explaining that over the weekend they learned of a student’s death which was due to an overdose.
The student’s name is not being released until State Police complete their investigation, but they say the student was part of their Capital Region BOCES auto program.
The superintendent says grief counselors will be at the school Monday to provide support to students and staff.
- Cutting your own hair during quarantine
- Should you wear mask in public if not sick with coronavirus?
- Hospitals overflowing with bodies as virus deaths surge in New York City
- Tyson Foods to give $60 million in bonuses for frontline workers
- 4/1/2020: Cool start, but more sun and warmer temps on the way