DALLAS (KETK) – An 18-wheeler hauling toilet paper to San Antonio crashed and caught fire early Wednesday morning after the driver fell asleep.
NBC reports that the driver was headed to a rest stop in Dallas around 4:15 a.m. but nodded off before he reached his destination.
The truck caught fire as a result of the crash, and shut down all westbound lanes of Interstate 20 between Texas Route 310 and Interstate 45.
Thankfully, the driver and his dog did not suffer any life-threatening injuries.
Toilet paper has become an unexpected luxury since the outbreak of the coronavirus. Videos from across the country have gone viral of people inexplicably stocking up on it during the pandemic, despite there being no concrete need to do so.
- US declined to prosecute Trump transport chief after inspector general review
- ‘To New Yorkers, I’m saying that I’m embarrassed by what happened’: Governor Cuomo addresses harassment claims
- Lawmakers react to Governor Cuomo’s press conference apology
- President Biden’s COVID aid package meets divided Senate
- SpaceX Starship SN10 explodes after nailing landing