DALLAS (KETK) – An 18-wheeler hauling toilet paper to San Antonio crashed and caught fire early Wednesday morning after the driver fell asleep.
NBC reports that the driver was headed to a rest stop in Dallas around 4:15 a.m. but nodded off before he reached his destination.
The truck caught fire as a result of the crash, and shut down all westbound lanes of Interstate 20 between Texas Route 310 and Interstate 45.
Thankfully, the driver and his dog did not suffer any life-threatening injuries.
Toilet paper has become an unexpected luxury since the outbreak of the coronavirus. Videos from across the country have gone viral of people inexplicably stocking up on it during the pandemic, despite there being no concrete need to do so.
- Elephant dies after reportedly being fed pineapple filled with explosives
- Kanye West donates $2M, funds college tuition plan for George Floyd’s daughter
- Albany Mayor, Police Chief asking for public input on reforms
- Local leaders come together for prayer
- Albany Mayor announces ‘Create Change Together’ initiative allowing residents to better voice their concerns