ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Just hours before he steps down, Gov. Andrew Cuomo submitted his formal resignation letter.
The letter was addressed to Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins and Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie.
“I hereby tender my resignation for the Office of Governor of the State of New York. This resignation will be effective at 12:00 a.m., August 24, 2021. It has been my pleasure to serve with you both.”
Cuomo resigned his position as governor after an investigation by the New York Attorney General’s Office found he sexually harassed 11 women and created a toxic work environment.
At midnight on Tuesday, Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul will be sworn in during a private ceremony to become the 57th Governor of New York.
More from NEWS10
- Carriage horse collides with vehicle in NYC; incident prompts calls to end rides
- Gov. Hochul visits Glens Falls to announce 11 new Climate Smart communities
- Salmonella outbreak from unidentified source expands to 29 states; CDC says strain found in takeout container
- Freihofer’s Run for Women 5K returns in downtown Albany for its 43rd year
- These are the top spots in the U.S. to go apple picking, according to Yelp