ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Longtime Andrew Cuomo aide Melissa DeRosa released a statement on Monday indicating that the outgoing governor of New York is not currently pursuing plans to run for any public office.
A Monday statement from DeRosa reads:
Richard Azzopardi, another senior member of Cuomo’s team, also confirmed the governor’s plans.
DeRosa also tweeted thanks to Cuomo following his farewell address on Monday:
More from NEWS10
- Netflix buys the complete works of ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ author Roald Dahl
- Scientists awarded the Albany Prize for research on COVID vaccines
- Upstate communities mourn the loss of 14-year-old footballer
- LIVE: Dive team joins search for person of interest in Gabby Petito’s death, Brian Laundrie
- Massachusetts COVID-19 Daily Report: 25 new deaths, 1,283 new cases