ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — An Albany man was arrested on Saturday after a traffic stop. Albany County Sheriff’s Office deputies say Joshua Vanhoesen, 39, had a digital scale and approximately 30 fentanyl pills.
On Saturday, around 6:17 p.m., deputies pulled over a car for speeding on Central Avenue. Vanhoesen was identified as the driver. Deputies say an investigation led to a request for a K-9 search of Vanhoesen’s car. Deputies say the K-9 search yielded a digital scale with cocaine residue, along with a plastic bottle with roughly 30 fentanyl pills.
- Third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell
- Fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Second-degree criminally using drug paraphernalia
- VTL 1180 D- Speed in zone
Vanhoesen was taken into custody and was held at the Albany County Correctional Facility to await arraignment. He was arraigned on Sunday at 8:30 a.m.