ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A search warrant at an Albany residence yielded drugs and multiple firearms, ending in the arrest of an Albany man. Shaquel Brown, 30, faces several charges.
On Wednesday, around 2:30 p.m., detectives from the Albany Police Department executed a search warrant on the 100 block of North Pine Avenue due to an ongoing investigation. Police say during the search, a quantity of powdered cocaine, a loaded revolver, a 9mm assault rifle, and a 9mm handgun were found.
- Second-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Second-degree criminal use of drug paraphernalia (two counts)
- Second-degree criminal possession of a weapon
- Third-degree criminal possession of a weapon (two counts)
- Fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon
Brown was arrested and taken into custody. He was arraigned in Albany City Criminal Court and was remanded to Albany County Jail.