SCHENECTADY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Multiple crews were on scene at 680 Mariaville Road in Schenectady where a structure fire broke out after a car reportedly crashed into a storage building.
Officials on scene said the car was traveling down Mariaville Road when it ran into a storage building that went up in flames. The car was removed on a tow truck. The driver is said to have first hit a mailbox as well as a rock before hitting the storage building.
The building is located right next to the Black Mountain Wine & Liquor store. The driver was reportedly not injured in the crash.
Over six different fire departments including Rotterdam, Schenectady County, South Schenectady Fires as well as Rotterdam police responded to the scene.
Both the car and the building are said to be total losses according to South Schenectady Fire Chief Dave Stern. He also said Mariaville Road is expected to be reopened within the next two hours
The cause of the crash is under investigation at this time.
This is a developing story. Additional information will be released as it becomes available.
- NASA to announce new discovery about the moon
- Senate to confirm Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination
- Albany gas prices remain unchanged from last week
- 10/26/2020: Cool and soggy start to the week
- Trump’s support hits six month high in key battleground states