LATHAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) – North Colonie School District Superintendent D. Joseph Corr announced Wednesday that an individual at Blue Creek Elementary has contracted COVID-19. The individual was last in the building on Nov. 12.
Corr said the district has been in contact with the Albany County Health Department and identified the individual’s close contacts in the school community. The Health Department will reach out and advise on the need to quarantine and to facilitate testing of those potentially exposed.
Corr went on to say all school buildings are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected each evening in accordance with guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the New York State Department of Health.
He said anyone with questions should reach out to their child’s principal.
- Biden officially secures enough electors to become president after California certifies
- Reed: Trump’s NDAA veto threat is harmful to the troops
- More COVID-19 cases confirmed in Shenendehowa CSD
- 5 more arrests made in connection to death of 12-year-old Columbia Co. girl
- 120 new COVID-19 cases announced in Schenectady Co. Dec. 4