ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Starting Wednesday, all non-urgent surgeries at St. Peter’s Health Partners hospitals will be put on hold as coronavirus cases throughout the Capital Region continue to rise.
Officials said other hospitals in the region have already put elective surgeries on pause until further notice.
Hospitals are now shifting their focus on caring for COVID-19 patients and administering the vaccine.
- CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens release COVID-19 vaccine information
- Catching up with Cameron Brate ahead of playoff matchup with Saints
- Some Democrats upset stimulus checks are $1,400 and not $2,000
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College
- Assembly Republicans call for local involvement in vaccine distribution