WILMINGTON, Del. (NewsNation Now) — President-elect Joe Biden and vice president-elect Kamala Harris will receive a national security briefing on Tuesday, according to their official schedule.
A source close to the transition team told NewsNation that former U.S. government officials will conduct the briefing because the General Services Administration has not obtained “ascertainment.”
Earlier on Monday, Biden warned of “dire consequences” if President Donald Trump and his administration refused to coordinate with his transition team on the coronavirus pandemic and block briefings on national security, policy issues, and vaccine plans.
“More people may die if we don’t coordinate,” Biden told reporters during a news conference in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Gov. Cuomo announces lowest COVID positivity rate for NYS since October 10
- 5/16/2021: A few showers and storms today, but temps stay warm
- ‘That has a cost’: Why thrift shops don’t accept everything
- Albany County coronavirus update, May 16
- Coca-Cola to discontinue one of its beverages in North America