CLAVERACK, N.Y. (NEWS10) — Multiple law enforcement agencies responded to a large fight at a youth detention center in Columbia County.
Around 1:35 p.m. Wednesday, police were called to the Brookwood Secure Center for Youth in Claverack for a report of a large fight. Police quickly regained control, and the facility is secured.
Three staff members were sent to Columbia Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries. No residents were injured.
Hudson Police Department, New York State Park Police, Chatham Police Department, New York State Environmental Conservation Police, Greenport Police Department, Claverack Fire Department, and the Columbia County Emergency Medical Services, Columbia County Fire Coordinator Office, and multiple EMS agencies assisted at the scene.
The investigation remains ongoing.
More from NEWS10
- Tessa Majors case: Teen pleads guilty in murder, robbery of college student in NYC park
- 8-year-old student to ask school district for mask mandate after being bullied for wearing one
- $20M affordable housing development opens in Schenectady
- First-ever Disney+ Day on Nov. 12 to feature ‘Shang-Chi’ premiere, other perks
- Lawmakers push for new war memorial to honor fallen service members killed in war on terror