Colonie, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The Town of Colonie announced they have closed the Public Operations Building after a staff member tested positive for COVID-19.
The building was closed to allow for sanitization efforts. The building will reopen for normal business hours on October 22.
According to the Town of Colonie, the staff member that tested positive worked in a closed, remote training session and had no contact with the public. The staff member has been placed in isolation and will not return to work until cleared by the health officials.
The closure and sanitization of the building was done out of an abundance of caution.
- In-depth coronavirus interview with Sec. Alex Azar, Surgeon General Jerome Adams, Dr. Deborah Birx
- Connecticut couple accused of forcing child to sleep in closet, kneel on tacks, drink hot sauce
- U.S. Attorney discusses gun crime in Massachusetts
- Pittsfield Police looking for missing teenager
- Connecticut officer kills dog attacking, dragging woman