COLONIE, N.Y. (NEWS10) – A Central Avenue auto sales shop owner is facing multiple felony charges. Colonie Police arrested 36-year-old John Dzandza on multiple charges involving production and use of fraudulent paper temporary dealer assignment tags from Texas.
The investigation into Saratoga Autos began when a Colonie patrol officer stopped a vehicle with one of the fraudulent plates. After a joint police operation involving investigators from the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, New York State Police, New York State Environmental Police and the Colonie Police Department Traffic Division, a warrant was executed at the dealership, which is based at 2200 Central Avenue in Colonie on Tuesday September 8.
The charges Dzandza faces are:
- Second degree forgery of an official document
- Second degree possession of a forged instrument
- First degree falsify business records
- Reproduced false license plate/tag
The investigation is still ongoing and anyone with relevant information is asked to contact Colonie Police.
- History in Bronze: Great Barrington’s Newsboy Statue and Fountain
- New York venues unite for #lightsUPstateNY initiative
- Avoiding the virus: Here’s how to manage your risk
- World War II veteran beats COVID-19 in time to mark 104th birthday
- Where are you in the vaccine line? NY Times tool has an estimate