(CNN) — The man accused of running a so-called “sex cult” out of his daughter’s dorm room is set to appear in court Wednesday for a bail hearing.
Authorities say Lawrence Ray subjected his teen and young adult victims to sexual and psychological manipulation, as well as physical abuse.
Ray is also accused of laundering about a million dollars from his victims.
He has been charged with sex trafficking, extortion, forced labor, and other offenses.
- Bills WR Stefon Diggs anticipates seeing more zone defense
- Capital Region voters experience long waits at the polls
- Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Shen takes down Guilderland in sectional final rematch
- Greenville wins regular season title in dominating fashion