COHOES, N.Y. (NEWS10) – In honor of Veterans Day on Wednesday, the Cohoes-Waterford Elks showed their appreciation for those who served with a free takeout dinner on Monday night.
The group hosted a Veterans Appreciation Dinner in the parking lot of their establishment. Each dinner came with pasta, salad, bread and dessert – at no charge for veterans.
“I think it’s always a pleasure to have a place honor veterans, lately there just isn’t too many places doing it anymore so I was really honored to have them do it,” said Veteran Jack Galuski.
More than 200 dinners were reserved, with almost 70 ordered by veterans.
Each veteran also received a patriotic pin as a small gift with their dinner.
- Albany County coronavirus update
- 12/5/2020: Nor’easter is a near miss for NY, but New England gets hammered
- NYS warns of scammers posing as state or federal agencies
- Christmas and COVID: Therapist on how to manage holiday stress and decisions amid the pandemic
- Scene from ‘Elf’ comes to life as Buddy meets dad in Boston