ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — On Monday, Governor Cuomo provided a coronavirus update for the state. In the report, it said the state showed an overall 3.6% positivity rate statewide.
Positivity rates were also listed for the following regions in the state: Capital Region, Central New York, Fingerlakes, Long Island, Mid-Hudson, Mohawk Valley, New York City, North Country, Southern Tier, and Western New York.
Among those positivity rates, Central New York had the highest positivity rate in a seven-day period with a 4.67% positivity rate. This comes just a week before the New York State Fair in Syracuse.
Onondaga County recorded 90 new positive cases on Sunday, August 15.
More from NEWS10
- Tone-deaf, offensive and downright dull: The worst movies of the past 20 years, according to Metacritic
- Moderna vaccine is most effective against hospitalization from COVID-19, CDC study finds
- United States Air Force celebrates its 74th birthday
- What to look for when your check engine light goes on
- NYS Quitline provides resources to help young adults become tobacco-free